My scrabble mojo.
Now, I know what you're thinking ("Nif, how can this be? I thought you were the favored child of the gods and goddesses of Scrabble! I thought that you prayed to those tiny square blocks and their little black letters before going to sleep everynight! I thought you bought dictionary after dictionary to appease the demanding Rules!") and it's all true. This is why I was so shocked.
I lost two games in a row. This is unheard of. Granted, I had four Ns, and a couple of letters I think may have secretely been cyrillic script, but still, the out come shocked and -- dare I say? -- hurt me deeply. Mojo, where could you have gone? Why would you have left me in my hour of need?
I felt so alone, mojo. So very, very, alone.
My mojo issue extends, apparently, to wrapping gifts. Y'all, I -- so here's the situation. I've bought presents. I've wrapped them.
In a manner of speaking.
See -- there's paper. Affixed to the gifts, with tape. And there are little name-tags, perched precariously on the corner, and they say things like "To Nif!Bro! Love, Nif! May Weasels Rip Your Flesh If You Already Have This!" etc. etc. There are even ribbons.
So, really, it should be a done deal. They should be ready to be placed beneath the tree, and then ripped open on Saturday morning.
The only problem with that scenario is that the way in which I've wrapped them makes the presents look like hostile blocks with spines, lurking threateningly in the shadows and waiting for people to let down their gaurd just long enough to get one good bite in with their venomous, curled, gold-ribbon fangs.
*sighs heavily* I just -- I wrapped them wrong. I don't know how. But I did. And I don't think I can undo it, because I'm vaguely afraid to touch them.
And, thirdly? My epic struggle with inanimate objects of all kinds continued today as I battled a futon for primacy and was viciously defeated. DAMN YOU IKEA! DAMN YOU AND YOUR EVIL, AFFORDABLE MINIONS!
Three Names I Go By
3. Her Imperial Majesty of all Nifland
Three Screen Names I Have Had
3. Nfra (it was a typo, and a very short lived screename.)
Three Things I Like About Myself
1. I'm enthusiastic.
2. I'm intelligent.
3. I'm able to think quickly in any form of crisis situation.
Three Things I Hate About Myself
1. I haven't any luck whatsoever.
2. I haven't any physical grace whatsoever.
3. I have been known to procrastinate. At times.
Three Parts of My Heritage
Three Things that Scare Me
1. Rats. Rats. Rats. Rats. Rats. Rodents of any kind. Oh, God, rats.
2. Demonic posession. (Don't ask. It's a thing.)
3. Serial killers
Three of my everyday essentials
1. My cell phone.
2. My comfy pajama pants.
Three things I'm wearing right now
2. A light blue hoody.
3. A leopard print scarf tied as a head band.
Three of my favorite bands or artists at the moment
1. Rilo Kiley
2. Turin Brakes
3. Jimi Hendrix
Three of my favorite songs at the moment
1. The Frug - Rilo Kiley
2. Striptease - Hawksley Workman
3. Lacuna - Carina Round
Three new things I want to try in the next 12 months
1. Running every morning.
Three things I want in a relationship
Two truths and a lie
1. I have never opened my eyes in the shower, since I was six.
2. I can do a back flip.
3. I know how to tie a clove-hitch knot.
Three physical things about the opposite/same sex that appeal to me
1. Lips. Gots to have nice lips, baby.
2. Biceps/pecs. Because, wow, yes. Chests. On men. (Or, you know. Women. I'm slutty.)
3. Ass. (Oh, you know you guys check out asses all the time!) I like me a nice ass.
Three Things I just can't do
1. Absolutely anything involving rats, other than running away from them/or being paralyized with fear at the very thought of them.
2. Deal with sour milk in any way, shape, or form.
3. Hold my tongue when I think someone is in the wrong.
Three of my favorite hobbies
2. Competitive games. (Cards, scrabble - DAMN YOU MOJO! - trivial pursuit..you name it, dude.)
Three things I want to do really badly right now
1. Be warm.
2. Eat really good guacamole with chips and salsa. Mmm, guacamole...
3. Sit in a lazy-boy or something with my legs up, and an ethernet connection zipping me throughthe intra-web.
Three careers I'm considering
Error 404: Nifra is too freaked out to answer this question. Please try again in a year.
Three places I'd like to vacation
Three things I want to do before I die
1. Win a great deal of money in a high stakes poker game.
2. Write something worth the words in it.
3. Be a good mom, someday. (Way, way in the future, dear GOD.)
Three people who have to take this quiz now or die painfully
As of right now, I wish no one a painful death, so you know, just take if you want to. Or don't if you don't. It's all cool.