2) parents of the world: when you are in public with your screaming toddler, do not ignore the screams, because we - the innocent bystanders - cannot ignore them. you may be inured to the horrible noises that your children can make, but we stand there, our collective head throbbing with the hideous shrieks issuing forth from your irate offspring, and can think of nothing else. please, god, for our good, be proactive. be responsible. make your child stop acting as though it is being flayed.
3) my current shameful secret: i love antiques roadshow.
4) tonight is most haunted live/battlestar galactica night. to all my homies in the ot6 all i have to ask: can i say something?
5) i went to class today. i deserve a buttered biscuit and red currant jam.
6) my professor did not come to class today. she does not get jam.
7) if only my ears would stop popping, i would tell you all that the hills are alive with the sound of my recovery. i am that chuffed (correct use of word?) to not be feverish.
8) lyra truly is an adoable frunk.
9) i live near a funeral home and almost every day i drive past a huddled mass of black standing before it. people holding hands and wiping their eyes, or staring at the cement as their jaws harden and hold back tears. often times i avert my eyes and pretend not to see it, but today i saw this man standing there, no expression on his face as tears poured down his face and i couldn't stop looking. i felt really bad about being a willing audience to his grief, but there was something mesmerizing about it. he was immaculately groomed, in his mid thirtiesish, with black wire glasses and a bright green scarf and unruly reddish brown hair and he stood with his arms steadfastly by his sides. he made me think of the tin man, and i don't know why.
10) being dehydrated means drinking more water than usual means spending more time peeing than usual which i resent. i want the years i've spent peeing back, dammit.