2. Saturday was lovely, and I got to spend it with tstar78, while our waiter, ManBot of the Bling Bling flirted. What more can a girl ask for? Plus, cheesecake!
3. The washing machine and dryer in my basement are posessed. They make noises not unlike screaming children.
4. Aren't possums supposed to hibernate? Also, is it strange that now whenever I look at that word/a possum, all I can think of is Teen Girl Squad?
5. Is it possums or opussums anyway, dammit?
6. I'm glad that I caved in and bought Angel S2. Good God, I *heart* this show. Although, strangely, it has the tendency to make me want everyone to be evil and a vampire. This may not be indicative of over all sound mental health on my part, but -- Darla! Angel! Lindsey! All evil! All vamped out! Sex! Destruction! Glee! ...I'm not seeing the *bad* here, you know, other that the...*bad*.
7. Kristin Kreuk has an amazing ability to look like a dead geisha girl in promo shots. It's unsettling, and disturbing.
8. So. Here's the thing. Remember back when everyone was naming their story? The one that tends to be what they find most interesting, that draws them in again and again (Me? I'm the Quest.)? Well, I was thinking on broad terms about the pairings I tend to be drawn to -- and it seems to me that what gets the most is any permutation on the Arthur/Lancelot vibe. I choose Lancelot here because I personally think Guinevere's a shrill and annoying bitch, and besides, the dynamic between Arty and Lance -- dear God I should be shot for typing that -- is more one of equals. It's the idea of two characters, who are friends and partners, one of which has a darker side and a hell of a lot of anger meeting up with a corresponding character who's just chock full of earnesty -- the kind of person who influences those around him/her to be honorable simply by virtue of the fact that they can't imagine otherwise, but who still have a kind of haunting vulnerability and a deep rooted kind of strength. As I said, the pairings I'm drawn to are *permutations* of this, but let's run down the list briefly, shally we? Rayk/Fraser, Sam/Frodo, Clark/Lex, Kurt/Ororo (XMM) and, hell! Eowyn/Faramir as well. Do you guys find recurring motifs in the pairings that attract you as well? Or, am I being like a fortune cookie here and way too general in my thinking?
9. Pickle-sickles. Heh.